Sunday, December 8, 2013

Fear part 2 of 2


"Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist. That is near insanity Kitai. Do not misunderstand me, danger is very real, but fear is a choice. We are all telling ourselves a story..."  -After Earth


To refresh your minds... This was my "Fear Experiment."


I chose to darken the lights to help with the spooky mood. I knew it would enhance the experience just enough. I was able to sit around just long enough to see over half the class go through their experiments, and felt good about what I had created. 

As I showed the power point, I looked around the class to see people's faces and reactions. Some of what I witnessed were gasps, ewes, turned heads, covered eyes, groans, smirks and even some chuckles. Of course in facing my own fears, I was almost desensitized to the horrific images of bloody bones. This was a surprising side effect that I didn't really count on. I was nervous as well. I wanted to make sure that I had captured the fears of myself, as well as the others. 

I wrote the following about what I thought my classmates would think about my project: I think that they will be a little grossed out by what I have put together. Some of the items gross me out, and some are just creepy. What I came up with, isn't the most outrageous thing ever done, but there are certain aspects of my experiment that are cringe worth and possibly nauseating!! I would say that my hypothesis about what i was going to see and what I did see, were about the same.

There were a couple of things that I would do differently. I basically had 3 weeks to put this together, so time was on my side. I was excited about this project, so I started within the first week. Like all students at the end of the semester, I had more than one project to take care of, so I was excited when I came up with something, and executed it by the end of the first week. I chalked it up as a victory and moved one. 

I don't think that trying it in power point was the best idea. I should have done it in Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premier. This would have allowed me to make sure that the timing of my movie, was precise. My audio would have matched up better as well. I could have taken the Miley Cyrus song and put it into Adobe Audition to chop and cut the audio down, so there would have been less of a drastic pause at the end. I think that the length of the project was good, but I would have liked to have gotten better, more high-def pictures.


"Fear stifles our thinking and actions. It creates indecisiveness that results in stagnation. I have known talented people who procrastinate indefinitely rather than risk failure. Lost opportunities cause erosion of confidence, and the downward spiral begins." - Charles Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment