Sunday, September 29, 2013

Class Take Away 5


I was amazed at the projects that came out of the change a book into something you like. Of course some of us, myself included, took it more physical than literal, but great projects none the less.

I really liked the physical interpretation and manifestation of the "Field Guide." The rough textured outside gave me a feeling that the book was traveling the globe, continent to continent, adventures and happiness for all. The butterfly page markers made me think about a meadow of flowers with butterfly's everywhere.

I can't wait to see the final version of the Robocop Head, if we get to see it in a finished state. I was a big fan of the movies and am looking forward to the next one as well!

I think the best executed project, had to be the mounted Deer head. It was amazing how much detail that figure had. With the antlers in almost perfect condition, I was amazed at the amount of detail she was able to attain with the paper, without there really having glue seepage or marks to the visible eye. Fantastic job!!!

I am constantly amazed at the amount of craftsmanship that this class is putting out. Of course some of us are confined and restricted with busy lives, but people keep churning out great work. I know that there is a creative side stuck deep down inside me somewhere and I hope that by the time this class is over with, it will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes!

No comments:

Post a Comment