Sunday, September 8, 2013

Wrong Post... What an idiot!

First off... I have already messed this post up! I screwed up by posting my "What I learned in class today" blog post, in the "Rules" assignment tab, and this under the "Class Take Away 2" tab. I guess in it's own subliminal way, I probably messed it up on purpose. So what do I do now...

I realized that it might not have been such a bad thing to do. Because this whole assignment was to: "Take whatever software (or other media) you are most familiar with and examine the "rules" that you have learned about working with this media. Which rules could be pushed? Which rules are necessary to preserve functional integrity? Experiment with breaking some of the rules (or just one) and create something using your new interpretation of the "rules." Document your experiment on your blog and post the URL to that blog entry here to receive your points. If you are able, bring the results to class in 2 weeks (next week is Labor Day and there is no class) and be prepared to discuss your results of experimenting with the rules."

So I starting thinking... When I searched my computer to find a "software (or other media)" that I was comfortable, or at least used often, and exploit it in some manner, I couldn't. I realized that I don't use one or more programs in any way shape or form. So I started thinking about what I could exploit from my work, and still came up empty handed. If I tried to take something from work, I would either get myself fired, or kill someone, so I couldn't really do that.

What at home could I do to make this assignment happen. And then it clicks!

I'm not gonna do this assignment! I'm sure I could do one of the ideas that Beth suggested, like make a story out of two newspaper/magazine articles. Or Photoshop some random picture until it's unrecognizable. But it would all be bullshit in any form. I don't doubt that there will be some very great posts from the group, showing how imaginative the rest of the class is, but I'm too much of a realest. I have lived in the real world for far to long. With my later start on the college life than the rest of the class, I've had some of my hopes and dreams ripped from the clutches of my dry, weathered hands. My creativity stifled because you have to pay the bills.

So what I did instead, was to take the two weeks I had to do the assignment and drink, work, see Mumford & Sons (Fantastic show by the way!!!), work, go to other classes (really didn't want to, but I paid for them already), hang with friends, work, drink, work... You know, the vicious circle of life.

So now it comes down to you... to whether or not you're going to give me full credit for this post, or not.


 But then again, caring would probably be in the "rules" somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment