Sunday, September 29, 2013

Curiouser and Curiouser...

I walked around the next day and a half with my eyes wide open... I saw the wonders of the cool Indiana day pass me by, or me pass by it.

My first idea hit me on my way home, well almost. I was almost in a car wreck on my way home from class. Like most true blue Americans, I immediately went into "Road Rage Ryan" mode. Sure, he's always there, but when some asshole cuts me off because he is to lazy to make the proper lane changes in advance to get off on a specific lane... that'd be great. But no, this asshole decided to evoke a  rage in me from the cockles of my soul.


That's where my idea came from. I wanted to research the statistics on idiot drivers and the problems they cause to the sanctuary that is, The Great American Highway System. I pictured in my head a traffic cone with the statistics of lives affected by these moronic, half-whit, jag-offs. Not how Portland, Oregon, Cleveland, Baltimore, Sacramento, and Pittsburgh were the five least road-rageful cities. But how New York, Dallas, Detroit, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Miami, Houston, Cincinnati and San Diego, were the top ten worst road-rageful cities.


I think this would have been a great project to start... but instead, I walked into my kitchen to grab myself a glass of water and I feel a warmth under my feet, right in front of the kitchen sink. I step to the left two feet, and the laminate flooring is cool. Back to the sink and it's warmer. I suddenly think to myself, "maybe the dog(s) laid here for a couple of hours. But no, our lazy ass dogs have been laying the the bedroom for the last 3-4 hours!

So what is the next logical step? GOOGLE!!! And what does the all mighty GOOGLE tell me... That I probably have a broken pipe, leaking warm water into my foundation. Well fuck me running! As if my life wasn't hard enough going to school two days a week for 9 credit hours and working 32-40 hours a week... Lets throw on my crappy car, that I'd rather ram into someone in a fit of road rage, that needs to have the two front shock/spring assemblies replaced, breaks changed, rotated tires... ughhhh, the list goes on. Not to mention the fact that this is probably in my future:


So instead of creating this masterful piece of art that could be displayed in the MET or the Louvre, but no... I'm gonna have to borrow a couple thousand dollars from my parents to have a professional come to my home, rip out my cabinets, counter-tops, sink, dishwasher, reverse osmosis water system, and cut into the foundation of my house, jackhammer his way to a broken pipe, and replace it... for a couple thousand dollars...

I hope you're curious now... cause I just wanna fucking puke and cry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment