Sunday, November 24, 2013

Class take away 11/18/13


So... What the bleep!? Down the rabbit hole was a pretty interesting movie. 


I really wasn't expecting a story inside of a "scientific" documentary. It was interesting. There were lots of things that I totally agreed with, but it just seemed like it dragged on for quite a bit. Did the movie really have to be 2 & 1/2 hours long? I don't think so. There were many, many repetitive scenes and scientific mumbo jumbo throughout the whole movie.

What I did learn though, was that the information that was given, was very interesting. I woke up the next morning, laying in bed, and I had a moment. I thought to myself, "Self... I think that today is going to be a good day." The affirmation that I spoke to myself, was solely based on the movie we watched. I then went into work, and tried to make it the best day I could have. I spent the whole day, dealing with asshole, trying to turn the other cheek. When I got home, I honestly though that it wasn't to bad of a day.

I can appreciate how much time was spent on the story part, but all of the talk about Quantum Mechanics and neurobiology, human consciousness and day-to-day reality. It truly is amazing how to twins can feel the same pain even though they aren't in the same state. Or how someones thoughts can effect a box thousands of miles away.

Then you throw in the whole spiritual side of things. How does God, or someone's belief in God help with things like recover to surgeries or cancers. The positive vibes of others praying in Gods name, help someone who is sick.

In the end, did "Amanda (Marlee Matlin) find what she was looking for by being forced to go take pictures of a wedding, in the same place where she got married and saw her marriage go to shit because of a cheating husband? For her boss to push he into the assignment of this wedding in the same church where her wedding started... And in the end, it was exactly the thing she needed to snap herself out of the hatred for her ex, and push her towards a new man... with the help of alcohol of course.

There has always been this moment of wisdom in my head. Think about the caveman. His day to day life included hunting, gathering, eating, sleeping, fornicating, drawing on cave walls, etc... Everything that has every been made since then has been a form of art. Doesn't matter if it's a pencil, a chair, a TV, bathroom toilets, monopoly, hand guns, airplanes, Charmin Toilet paper... EVERYTHING!!!! Now that is amazing to me.

There is always going to be room for improvement, but we now have a starting off point for endless possibilities of the future!!!! Can't wait to see what the next couple of years bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment